- Webinar: A Systems Approach to Serving Individuals with Significant Disabilities: Customized Employment, Supported Employment, & Integrated Resource Teams
A Systems Approach to Serving Individuals with Significant Disabilities: Customized Employment, Supported Employment, & Integrated Resource Teams. Get insights into the ways the VR service delivery system can utilize customized and supported employment services along with Integrated Resources Teams to more effectively provide services for people with disabilities.
This webcast will address the key elements of Customized Employment (CE) according to the “Essential Elements of CE for Universal Application” which is helping ensure CE is understood and implemented consistently across the country with high quality. The presenter will also cover other tools and resources that are available to help ensure CE is implemented and sustained as a high quality service delivery option for those who need it. * This webcast is co-sponsored by The Vocational Rehabilitation Technical Assistance Center for Quality Management (VTRAC-QM) and the VCU DRRP on Customized Employment.
In response to the pandemic, many State VR agencies are permitting their staff to work from remote locations, including their home. Telework options are becoming a more permanent fixture in how agencies will provide services in the future. Much has been learned in this past year to identify promising practices in remote supervision.
This webinar explores techniques for effective supervision of personnel working at a State VR agency remotely, providing concrete examples of what some agencies have already implemented with their workforces. It will assist supervisory staff to shift their work practices to effectively manage rehabilitation services and programs.
Topical areas covered include:
- Modeling appropriate work behavior to improve performance of the work unit
- Designing an effective workspace in a home office and establishing daily routines
- Managing staff performance remotely
- Goal setting and developing work plans
- Developing and performing Annual Performance Reviews
- Creating professional development goals.
- Organization and planning strategies for supervisors
- Communication strategies
- Creating collaborative work teams
Resources and tools will be provided that supervisors can utilize in their daily work.